Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oldham Athletic Squad 08/09

Now the transfer window has passed I have my squad ready to compete in the league this season. I feel I have done a good job in the transfer window and the response from you the readers has been good. Incorporating the good aspects of the original squad and some new faces will hopefully lead to success.

The Squad is:

GK - Greg Fleming 21
GK - Mark Crossley 39
GK - Shane Supple 21 (On loan from Ipswich)
RB - Neal Eardley 19
RB - Kelvin Lomax 21
CB - Sean Greegan 34 (Captain)
CB - Reuben Hazell 29
CB - Sam Sodje 29
CB - Yannick Zambernardi 30
LB - Celestine Babayaro 30
LB - Daniel Jones 22 (On loan from Wolves)
RM - Kieran Lee 20
RM - Chris Taylor 21
RM - Andy Liddell 35 (Vice-Captain)
RM - Fabio Ferriera 19 (On loan from Chelsea)
DM - Kevin Maher 31
CM - Lluis Sastre 22
AM - Danny Whitaker 27
LM - Daniel Bilos 27
LM - Fabrice Fernandes 28
ST - Jordan Timmons 16 (available for Reserves)
ST - Lewis Alessandra 19
ST - Lee Hughes 32
ST - Ariel López 34
ST - Steven Kabba 27 (On loan from Watford)
I'm very pleased and as you can see there is now more balance in the squad depth. I do not have the youngest side and that is nothing to deal with in the future. I have certainly sorted out any short-term problems we may of had. I said I would provide screenshots of a few players so here we go:

New signing Sastre as requested:
SmithyKM here is Fernandes:
Another signing of interest is Sodje:
Here is Babayaro:

The star of the club currently is young Chris Taylor:
First choice goalkeeper Fleming:
My favourtie Oldham original Lee Hughes:

Requested, this is the player with the highest transfer value at the club, loanee Daniel Jones:

Those are all the printscreens I will do for now as I could go on for ever. I can include one or two in my next blog is required. What do you think of my squad then?
Keep the Faith.

3 comments:

  1. Good squad which could push for promotion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sastre is a very good buy. Take a look at my blog: http://jimmysfootballmanagercareer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice squad, fair play to you. You are good at finding bargains it seems. I think you have potential for automatic promotion as your results suggest you are quite good at this.

    ReplyDelete