Thursday, March 26, 2009

I wouldn't let you vote without the information !

Deciding which job to take on a Football Manager game is a very difficult process as players would know, the problem is that there is just too many interesting prospects! The way to chose is to have a think about the clubs and in my case I will just tell you a few things to help.

Oldham Athletic

The clubs value is £1.9m and has a regional reputation, it has adequate training facilities and average youth facilities. The media prediction is 9th place.

I have chosen the club as an option as it is the town where my family are from and therefore I have an interest in the club and when I play with them the cause will matter. Oldham are a club that are not happy with where they are, being in the first two Premier League seasons they feel League 1 is below them.

Finances is the major issue. Oldham is by no means a rich team and if I was to set my expectation to top half finish I would only recieve a transfer budget of £50k and the wage budget would be set at £29k p/week - of which £28.3k is already being used!

I think managing Oldham would be of interest to you as you can see what it is like to manage a lower league club.

Q.P.R

The clubs value is £35m and has a national reputation, it has good training facilities and has average training facilities. The media has predicted they will finish 12th.

Queens Park Rangers is an interesting proposition, they have owners with big money but they won't give me that much as they want to do it properly, sustainably. I do not support QPR but I feel it will be interesting to see what I can do with the money. QPR is on a barren run of 25 years since they last won a trophy so to bring success to the club is the challenge.

Finances is QPR's strong point. Finnancially it is the richest team in it's division. If i was to take over an I set an expectation of a top half finish I would recieve a transfer budget of £9m and the wage budget would be set at £185k p/week - of which £160.35k is in use now.

I think me managing QPR would be interesting as there is the challenge of handling the money and pressure along with the fight for promotion.

Roma

The clubs value £176m (but has a loan to repay worth £11.25m) and it has a continental reputation, it has top training facilities and excellant youth facilities along with a youth acadamy.

I have thrown AS Roma in as a different option as big club management is a whole different challenge. Roma have big expectations and I would have to handle the responsibility to bring some trophies to the club. They are considered a big club but I feel a lot of work can be done to bring them on par with the Manchester United and Barcelona's of world football.

Finances are not really an issue for Roma, but they don't aimlessly spend lots of cash. If I was to set my expectation at qualifying for the Champions League they would give me a budget of £4.5m and a wage budget of £750k p/week - of which £749.15m is being used.

Some people may wish to see me manage a team on the fringes of greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment